A carousel in a park.
- An example of a carousel is a merry-go-round.
- An example of a carousel is the moving conveyor for baggage in an airport.
- ⌂ a merry-go-round
- ⌂ something that revolves like a merry-go-round
- ⌂ a circular baggage conveyor in an airport from which passengers pick up their luggage
Origin of carouselFrench carrousel ; from Italian dialect, dialectal (Naples) carusiello, tournament in which players threw reed lances or balls of chalk at opponents, origin, originally literally , chalk ball ; from caruso, shaved head; form influenced, influence by Italian carrozza, stately carriage, probably ; from carro ; from Classical Latin carrum: see car
- A merry-go-round, as one at an amusement park.
- A circular conveyor on which objects are displayed or rotated: a baggage carousel in an airport.
- A tournament in which knights or horsemen engaged in various exercises and races.
Origin of carouselFrench carrousel, tilting match, carousel, from Italian carosello, tilting match.
- a merry-go-round
- a continuously revolving device for item delivery
- After collecting his suitcase at the baggage carousel, he left the airport.
- the rotating glass plate in a microwave oven